List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: AbiWord filters (was: Re: Importing/exporting MS-Word docs)
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-27 20:39:01

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Les Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> > >an
> > > >

> > > I have looked at AbiWord and they have used mswordview to produce an
> > > import
> > > filter for Word 8 documents. I guess this is also the way to go for KWord.
> >
> > Yes, that shouldn't be a too hard task. Anyone interested doing that - if
> >yes,
> > please contact me and I'll help with some infos about KWord's XML format.
> >

>     I'm not sure if I'm interested in writing the filter but I would
> like to know about KWord's XML format.  Could you point me in the correct
> direction for info on the XML format for KWord(i.e. faq's or source code).

There is no docu for that yet :-)) You can look in the source code of KWord
(look for load(...) or save(...) in all files, there are lots of such methodes
because every object has his own methode to load/safe itself). But with looking
in the sources you will not really be able to get an overview of the format.
I'll update the DTD in the next days, so you can look there then.

Ciao, Reggie

--
Reginald Stadlbauer

E-Mail: reggie@kde.org