List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Importing/exporting MS-Word docs
From:       Jo Dillon <emily () thelonious ! new ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-26 12:35:28

Eijk, M. van (m.vaneijk@kpn.com) spake thusly:
> Hello,
>

> Having seen KOffice on the Internet I like it very much, but working in an
> all Windows desktop environment I wonder if it's possible or will be
> possible to import from and export to MS-Word format with KWord. I am
> considering to replace my Windows NT Desktop for Linux with KDE.
> I'm also using MS-Mail. Is it or will it be possible to receive and send
> "MS-Mail" with KDE.

  It's a bit early to be using KWord in a production environment. I would
suggest Applixware, StarOffice or Corel WordPerfect (the latter two are,
AFAIK, free for personal use). All three have varying levels of support
for MS formats - WordPerfect might be your best bet. What do you mean
by MS-Mail?

--
	Jo