List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Interested in speech for Koffice
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-04 16:09:07

Hans Kruse wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently switched from Amiga to P.C-Linux. I have some user-experience
> with sun/Linux/BSD and al ot of unix tools that whre ported to the Amiga
> (ADE-environment) .
> As a Computer-Science student I hope to finish my thesis in a few
> months. Then I will have some time to do some nice things besides work.
>
> I developed a dutch grammar for the the Amiga speech synthesiser. I
> integrated speech in some of the scripts used in my applications (Ik ben
> klaar!! <Ich bin fertig!!> )  and some error summary report scripts.
>
> A P.C. has more powerfull hardware so both speech synthesis and
> recognition could be used more easily.
> (I allready have an emulator(uae)  running my old speech software. but
> that integrates not that well with the Linux side)
> Therefore I'm interested in building a general speech synthesis(The more
> easy part) plugin and a speech recognition plugin. These should be
> useable from all office applications.
>
> Is this Interesting for Koffice?

Hi Hans!

This sounds interesting - even though I don't know dutch would help me
so much ;-)

I just believe it should be implemented independently from koffice
and be an application all KDE or even all Linux applications can use.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.