List:       koffice
Subject:    Several koffice compilation problems
From:       Lezlie Fort <lezliefort () gdats ! com>
Date:       1999-02-24 2:27:06

To anyone who may be able to assist:

I am in the process of compiling koffice, and am receiving the following
errors while building within the "koffice/lib/kofficecore" directory:

make[3]: Entering directory `/lzf/KDE/koffice/lib/kofficecore'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I. -I../.. -I../../lib/koml -I../../lib/koml -I../../lib/store
-I../../lib/store -I./../ -I/opt/kde/include/idl -I/opt/kde/include
-I/homes/lzf/RaivenSong/KDE/qt/qt-1.42/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/lzf/KDE/mico/include -L/opt/kde/lib -O2 -Wall -c koFilterManager.cc
koFilterManager.cc: In method `class QString
KoFilterManager::fileSelectorList(enum KoFilterManager::Direction, const
char *, const char *, const char *, bool) const':
koFilterManager.cc:82: no matching function for call to `KRegistry::load
(char[17])'
/opt/kde/include/kregistry.h:179: candidates are: KRegistry::load()
koFilterManager.cc:83: no matching function for call to
`KRegistry::isModified ()'
koFilterManager.cc:85: no matching function for call to `KRegistry::save
(char[17])'
/opt/kde/include/kregistry.h:173: candidates are: KRegistry::save()
koFilterManager.cc:86: no matching function for call to
`KRegistry::clearModified ()'
make[3]: *** [koFilterManager.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/lzf/KDE/koffice/lib/kofficecore'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/lzf/KDE/koffice/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lzf/KDE/koffice'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

As you can see, the compiler is complaining (among other things) about
the "load", "isModified" and "save" methods (apparently) associated with
KRegistry.  The KRegistry methods are themselves defined in the
kdelib-1.1 source tree under file "/kdelibs-1.1/kio/kregistry.cc".  When
this file is examined, it is apparent that neither the "load" nor the
"save" functions take an argument.  koFilterManager.cc, however,
attempts to call both methods with a string.  Additionally,
koFilterManager.cc attempts to call an "isModified" method defined for
the KRegistry class.  However, no such method exists for this class
(isModified is instead a method associated with the KEdit class).
Finally, the "clearModified" method referenced in the last error is
apparently undefined for any of the kdelib-1.1 classes.

I could change the code to correct these problems, but, knowing that
others have had success with compiling koffice as-is, I've got the
sinking feeling that I'm missing something.  Could you help me out with
any ideas?  For the record,
mico, corba, python, autoconf, automake, egcs, qt, and kdelibs have
already been installed (the latter using the --enable-new-stuff flag).

Any help you could offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lezlie Fort
lezliefort@gdats.com

["vcard.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]