List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: several questions for a good cause ;)
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-02-15 16:45:13

Am Sun, 14 Feb 1999 schrieb Jost Schenck:
>Hi.
>There are some questions I'd like to answer in the FAQ but can't :)
>(Argh, sorry, these questions probably count for a thousand newbies, but its
>for a good cause, you know ;)
>
>General
>  - typical things people can contribute if they want to help

What do you mean? Programming, drawing icons, writing docs, donating money -
everything they want to :-))

>  - license. Is everything going to be Artistic License?

I think, yes.

>Scripting:
>  - which programs already support scripting via python? (do any apart of
>    kspread?)

KWord just get's prepared for it.

>KOM/OP
>  - what's the link to Torbens tutorial to KOM/OP? I have it on my hd, but I
>    forgot where I found it.

Isn't it in the corba packages under tutorial....

>KSpread:
>  - what's the state of the mathematical functions kspread offers?

Everything python supports. And new functions can be easily added using Python.

>KWord:
>  - What's an MIF import filter and does it work? I heard somebody worked on an
>    RTF filter, does it exist?

MIF is not really working at the moment and unfortunately I heared nothing
about a RTF filter.

>Others:
>  - KChart, KDiagram - Where's the difference, which should be used? Are they
>    both going to stay?

KChart and KDiagramm are going to be merged - but we still don't know which
name we will choose.

Ciao, Reggie

--
Reginald Stadlbauer