Reginald Stadlbauer (reggie@kde.org) spake thusly: > Am Tue, 09 Feb 1999 schrieb Maarten Wisse: > > > Dear developerteam of Koffice, > > > > Just moving from Windows to Linux, and doing some work in the dtp-area, > > I find that dtp in Linux environment is sadly, difficult. Therefor I > > enjoy your incorporation of the highly important framestructure in > > Koffice. However, my small remark is that given my experience with > > trying to use MS-Word for Dtp-tasks such as formatting a journal, I > > think it would be a strong benefit of koffice when it would include > > halftone-option in the printsection. My experience is that one of the > > most problematic features of word-processors is that they don't allow > > for giving the lines per inch of the pictures you try to put in your > > postscriptprinter, even when the postscriptdriver under Win supports > > giving halftone-options, as happens using Word 6-97 printing to for > > instance HP LJ 4000. So, in order to be really fitting for small > > dtp-work, to my mind you should think about the relation between koffice > > and postscript picture printing. > > Thanks for your patience reading my suggestion, IANA Postscript expert, but this sounds a little like a problem with resolutions - i.e. the picture is being printed at the standard 72 dpi of QPrinter, perhaps? I'm not quite sure where the halftoning fits into this; there are certainly ways in Postscript to set halftone options, which I can look up when I get home, but it would be nice to know in more detail what's required. -- Jo