List:       koffice
Subject:    Additional dtp-functionality
From:       Maarten Wisse <mwisse () theo ! uu ! nl>
Date:       1999-02-09 11:01:41

Dear developerteam of Koffice,

Just moving from Windows to Linux, and doing some work in the dtp-area,
I find that dtp in Linux environment is sadly, difficult. Therefor I
enjoy your incorporation of the highly important framestructure in
Koffice. However, my small remark is that given my experience with
trying to use MS-Word for Dtp-tasks such as formatting a journal, I
think it would be a strong benefit of koffice when it would include
halftone-option in the printsection. My experience is that one of the
most problematic features of word-processors is that they don't allow
for giving the lines per inch of the pictures you try to put in your
postscriptprinter, even when the postscriptdriver under Win supports
giving halftone-options, as happens using Word 6-97 printing to for
instance HP LJ 4000. So, in order to be really fitting for small
dtp-work, to my mind you should think about the relation between koffice
and postscript picture printing.
Thanks for your patience reading my suggestion,

Maarten Wisse

["vcard.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]