List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: How to split the page vertically into two equal parts
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-08 4:53:54

On 6 July 2010 09:43, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:
> in the 'custom document' area for the startup dialog you can uncheck the
> checkbox to have a main text area. Uncheck that before clicking 'create'.
> Notice that this is before getting to the window state where you see the blank
> page.

Thanks, Thomas, that got me a new document with no textarea, as
expected. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this
framesets idea, it doesn't seem to work like the HTML frames that I
was expecting.

Under the Frames menu item I do not see how to add a new frame. So
from the sidebar I drag Styles -> Add Shape -> Text to the main body.
Is this the recommended procedure? Doing this, it is impossible to
accurately split the page into top- and bottom- half. The mouse does
not offer such precision, and one cannot graphically resize with the
mouse after placement. I tried editing the frames' Geometry ->
Position however it does not resize in realtime. How would you
recommend that I accomplish this?

Thanks, I apologise for asking for hand-holding, but there is no
documentation, I find it unintuitive, and this is an easy procedure in
competing, well-established office suites.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com