List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [Kexi] Kexi with QT only
From:       "Sam S." <smls75 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-02 10:24:25

On 2 April 2010 11:14, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73@gmail.com> wrote:
> gt@gt-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install kexi
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
>  [...]

On Ubuntu, apt-get by default installs *all* recommended dependencies
for a package, unless it's told otherwise.
That means that it installs *everything* that might add some slight
additional functionality to Kexi, not only the dependencies that are
absolutely needed for Kexi to function.

I suspect that the "NEW packages will be installed:" list might
possibly be shorter, if you install it with:

    apt-get --no-install-recommends install kexi

Since I don't use Ubuntu/Debian anymore, I can't confirm this myself though.
Also note that I'm only a user of Kexi, not a developer, so I can't
tell you which packages are really required dependencies and which
only allow for some small additional feature which you might not even
use.

Cheers,
Sam