List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword 2.1.1 and mailmerge
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-13 19:05:19

>> On Saturday 13 March 2010, Rodrigo OLC Bernardo wrote:
>> > I cannot find anymore the mail merge function on Kword 2.1.1, and no
>> > reference to it anywhere, either. Is that true? Or it may be just that i
>> > have not downloaded it correctly.

Hello,
In 2.2 functionality similar to mail merge will be available through
Kexi Reports, replacing Kugar.
It's (by design) different in one thing: user does not create document
based on ODF document but design report, and the result is not the ODF
document but the printout (which can be file). The data source can be
database of a csv file. For now to use this kind of reporting, one
needs to use Kexi, but special mode for simplified cases is planned
(e.g. user points to data source and report design).

Existence of the Kexi Reports is independent of the classic mail
merge, where document generation is involved by multiplying pages or
set of pages.
We're looking forward to integrate the two apps, and wrap features
two-way, so e.g. KWord user shall not notice some reporting features
are executed in the background, and Kexi user shall not notice that
some components like shapes are reused from other applications.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek