List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword 2.1.1 and mailmerge
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-13 17:48:36

On Saturday 13. March 2010 18.33.14 David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 13 March 2010, Rodrigo OLC Bernardo wrote:
> > Dear Faure
> >
> > I have moved to linux, and to KDE 4.
> >
> > I cannot find anymore the mail merge function on Kword 2.1.1, and no
> > reference to it anywhere, either. Is that true? Or it may be just that i
> > have not downloaded it correctly.
>
> Hello,
>
> I am not involved in KWord-2.x personnally, so I'm Cc'ing the koffice users
> list to relay your question.

Thanks David,

Rodrigo, KOffice2 got a new text engine which means so much as that a lot of
functionality in KOffice1 needs to be rewritten. Unfortunately for you mail
merge is one of them and is still on the list of things to get back.

So, its a known shortcoming and I have no doubt mailmerge will come back soon.
But more core functionality is first (spell checking, for example) so it might
take a couple of releases yet.

Sorry for bringing bad news, I hope you can use KOffice1.6 for now till this is
sorted out.
--
Thomas Zander