List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: PStoEdit and KOffice
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-05-31 8:32:49

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 30 May 2009, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> I am trying to build the KOffice 2.0 Branch (SVN).
>>
>> The configure script says that it can not locate: "pstoedit".
>>
>> However, in my CMakeCache.txt file, I have:
>>
>> PSTOEDIT_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/local/bin/pstoedit
>>
>> WITH_Pstoedit:BOOL=ON
>>
>> Am I missing something her? or did I find a bug?
>
> Does
>
> pstoedit  -help | grep plot-svg
>
> return something like:
>
>         plot-svg:               .svg:   svg  via GNU libplot
>
> ?
>
> If not, that's probably the problem.

Yes, I don't have that returned.

If find that this is not a simple issue.

With PStoEdit, PlotUtils is an option so not linking to it is not
reported as an error.  But, I had PlotUtils installed.

And with PStoEdit, building libplotter is an option which appears to be
necessary for PStoEdit to link against it.  No, I didn't have that
installed -- that was the problem.

IAC, I think it now works, thanks for the tip.

I suppose that most people use binaries, so it isn't worth having a more
explicit error message to report the actual problem of the missing
libplotter in PlotUtils.

--
JRT