On Monday 02 March 2009, Anne Wilson wrote: > On Monday 02 March 2009 18:23:51 Thomas Zander wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > we are getting closer to the KOffice2.0 release and we want to make the > > things that surround KOffice become more 2.0 too ;) > > We still have the intention of getting a new KOffice.org site which would > > use userbase.kde.org in big parts to store lots of content for users. > > This includes tutorials, which we hope will be created not only by us but > > much more by the community (since userbase is a user-editable wiki). > > > > One of the things that came up is that tutorials are excellent addition > > to manuals. And the KOffice manuals are largely unmaintained. > > The main reasons for that is that its hard. Svn&docbook being the main > > problems. > > So, after discussing this on IRC this morning we decided that it would be > > a good idea to upload our manual from koffice-svn to userbase allowing > > anyone to edit them there, which probably will mean stuff will be kept > > up-to-date more. Well, *more* is not hard :) > > > > If there are any volunteers to move the content, writing a script for > > example, that would be awesome. > > We want to have something like http://userbase.kde.org/KWord/Manual > > with subpages for different sections. > > > > Any objections? Suggestions? Volunteers? Let us know :) > > If it is decided that this is the way to go, it's not hard to do. (This > laptop is Mandriva 2009, so I don't have koffice on here. I've used KWrite > as an example). In just three or four minutes I've put together a sample > for you to look at on http://userbase.kde.org/User:Annew - ignore the top > part: I use this page as a scrapbook. > > I could quite happily put the pages together and paste the content in, > ready for updating by you, if this is the best way. Yes, I think Thomas' proposal for organizing the manual stuff is fine. If we then have a script to convert the wiki pages back to manuals for packaging, we're all set to go. -- Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice