List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice team is looking for webmasters
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-28 18:00:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 10:30:21 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tuesday 28. October 2008 10:12:42 Mark Ziegler wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2008 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> > I fully agree with Cornelius.
> > Techbase is for developers.
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects is, yes.
> There essentially is little difference between that and our own. Well,
> apart from the fact that techbase uses a fixed width layout which is not
> very practical in daily use.
>
> > So I am not quite sure if you will find people to support you setting up
> > a another system for koffice.
>
> Note that this thread is not about our wiki, that has no need for
> maintenance and is not what is getting stale :)
> The user site koffice.org is what this thread is about. Sorry for getting
> off topic.
>
> I'll let someone else comment on why we feel a koffice.org is essential to
> our user base and marketing strategy; I'm just commenting on the
> wiki.koffice.org myself as I think others are much more qualified to talk
> about the websites :)

I've been reading with interest, because this is a perfect example of a
situation I've been trying to get people discussing.  I'd like the koffice
team to think about the relationship of their pages and userbase.kde.org.  I
don't mind whether userbase has a brief introductory entry and a link to a
koffice site, or whether the koffice team would like all the user pages to be
on userbase.  I think there are merits in both solutions.  In my opinion each
team has to make its own decision on that.  I would, though, like to know how
your team see this.

If you should decide to put more onto the userbase pages I'm willing to help
all I can.  Just feed me with relevant info, links on where to find stuff, and
any indication of what you would like me to do and not do.

Anne