On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:23:13 +1000 Steven D'Aprano dijo: > On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 01:10:35 pm John Jason Jordan wrote: > > > However, I have to take exception to the comments above about Kexi. I > > recently needed to use data from a Microsoft Access database. OOo > > could not do it, but Kexi came to the rescue. That was the good part. > > The bad part is that Kexi does not yet implement all the capabilities > > of SQLite. > ... > > OOo Base solves all my data needs > > Presumably except for retrieving data from Access databases. Indeed, that is a limitation of OOo Base. However, the Windows version of OOo Base can read Access databases, and the Linux version (which is what I use) will be able to soon. In my case I had only one large table. Now that it is in OOo Base I have no further need of conversions. My only complaint about OOo Base is that it is written in Java. I understand the thinking of the developers - OOo is cross platform - but it is painfully slow on screen redraw. However, I still use it because slow performance is better than no performance. ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice