List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Standalone KOffice for Linux, Please
From:       "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti () nexaima ! net>
Date:       2008-08-20 12:47:40

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 17:42:16 PM -0500, Larry Short wrote:

> I think a standalone KOffice for Linux would be a wonderful thing.
> That way it would be available to people who for one reason or
> another do not use KDE.  My reason, for instance, is that I work
> with a much smaller and lighter distribution named Puppy, but I
> would like to use KOffice, as it is lighter and faster than the
> other office suites, it looks very good, and it is comprehensive and
> powerful.

I had the very same thought a few years ago. The result is at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8239

Related info is at the RULE project website.

Much, much to my regret I have no more time to update it myself, not
as a voluntary project anyway, but the general method described there
should still be applicable: if anybody can continue where I had to
stop, it would be great!

HTH,
	Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84