List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kspread: switch between rows and columns
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2008-03-08 19:11:03

jazzman wrote:
> After going through the KSpread handbook I didn't find an option for
> switching columns into rows and rows into columns in a selection of cells.
> I'm referring to an operation similar to a "
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpose transpose " done on a matrix.

Seems there KSpread does not provide such a functionality per default :-/

> Any help in doing this will be greatly appreciated.

Well, the only ways I would see would be to either create such a functionality
what shouldn't be that difficult since it's "only" about to transfer the
content of one column into another or with 2.0 you may like to write a sript
for it (though I guess it's really a basic feature and therefore a C++
function within the datamenu would make most sense).