Thomas Zander wrote: > On Wednesday 21 November 2007 10:13:06 Jan Hambrecht wrote: >>> I do think that we should move the /shape/foo into /plugins/foo. >>> No need to have a nested shapes dir. (shapes/text would probably >>> have to be renamed to textshape, etc). >> I would rather keep the subdirs as we have them in other plugin dirs >> like dockers, colorspaces, textediting etc. too. >> Better change the subdir names, no need to repeat the shape part if we >> are in the shapes directory: > > But that breaks the idea we currently have that each subdir in plugins > *is* a plugin. > Don't be fooled by dockers/ in there, even if more goes in there it still > is one plugin. Having a shapes dir with various subdirs that are plugins > breaks this structure and over complicates things in the long run. For > example because in contrary to what we thought when I created the shaped > dir, one plugin-dir can actually hold both shapes and some other kind of > plugin. > So grouping on kind is going to be awkward sooner or later. > > I think having a somewhat larger plugins dir makes sense for various > reasons; one of them being translations. With the new structure you can > have one Messages.sh that collects the info from all plugins into several > (or one) .po files. > Ok if there are technical reasons i can live with that just fine. So we organize one subdir per plugin in koffice/plugins. > Oh, and I suggest we remove the video shape; its quite unfinished and > doesn't work (nor can it work). If someone wants to pick it up again, he > is free to get it from svn. Sure. Ciao Jan ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice