List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Resource data in libs/resources
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-21 9:26:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 10:13:06 Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > I do think that we should move the /shape/foo into /plugins/foo.
> > No need to have a nested shapes dir.  (shapes/text would probably
> > have to be renamed to textshape, etc).
>
> I would rather keep the subdirs as we have them in other plugin dirs
> like dockers, colorspaces, textediting etc. too.
> Better change the subdir names, no need to repeat the shape part if we
> are in the shapes directory:

But that breaks the idea we currently have that each subdir in plugins
*is* a plugin.
Don't be fooled by dockers/ in there, even if more goes in there it still
is one plugin.  Having a shapes dir with various subdirs that are plugins
breaks this structure and over complicates things in the long run. For
example because in contrary to what we thought when I created the shaped
dir, one plugin-dir can actually hold both shapes and some other kind of
plugin.
So grouping on kind is going to be awkward sooner or later.

I think having a somewhat larger plugins dir makes sense for various
reasons; one of them being translations. With the new structure you can
have one Messages.sh that collects the info from all plugins into several
(or one) .po files.

Oh, and I suggest we remove the video shape; its quite unfinished and
doesn't work (nor can it work). If someone wants to pick it up again, he
is free to get it from svn.
--
Thomas Zander