List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Karbon & Krita 2Beta5 don't fit screen
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-21 9:17:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 09:53:36 Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> >>
> >> Yeah i think i should change the default shape selector position
> >> from the bottom back to the left.
> >
> > The report says the windows are too tall, so not sure why you think
> > you gain anything there :)
>
> Well if i put something at the bottom of the window, it gets taller,
> doesn't it? And we have the toolbox at the left by default anyway, so
> there is no space wasted.

When docked vertically its quite tall; under the krita toolbox, which is
also quite tall, I'm pretty sure you'll end up with something thats
taller then what you have now...

> > I was more thinking about hiding the line properties docker by
> > default. The color docker should probably be hidden as well, as the
> > toolbox should have the color buttons.
> > Things like that.
>
> What do you mean by that. What "color buttons" should the toolbox have?

The one that all painting apps have; a little widget at the bottom to
show/alter the current color.
Karbon had it in the koffice1 times; take a look :)

> I get the impression that the default shown dockers differ for
> different apps. So how does the default dock position in the docker
> factory help with that?

Your impression is partially correct. AFAIK we always agreed to make a
maximum of dockers koffice-wide.
The reason for this difference in apps you see is that there are still
quite some dockers that are app specific. Meaning they are not a plugins
using the factory yet.

I'd really like to see that soon as I expect a whole set of new problems
to show when we do, and we have to fix them at that point. So better do
it sooner then later.

--
Thomas Zander