List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: take KOffice out of Kde?
From:       Terry-67 <terauck-klist () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-10-06 9:33:43

Inge Wallin wrote:

> On Friday 05 October 2007 12:06, Terry-67 wrote:
>> > <snip>
>>
>> Your notion of "long-term" seems short enough to me.  In view of recent
>> friction at oo.o, the Novell version of OO for SLED seems like a possible
>> contender for use by other distros.
>
> Well, I meant that the fulfillment of the goal probably is long-term, not
> when
> I/we start working on it.
>
> <snip>
> 	-Inge

I've caught up with a podcast in which Mark Shuttleworth (no less)
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=254624#254624 evidently
mentions  "they may consider switching office platforms to KOffice because
of all of OOo's problems".  I couldn't get
http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/10/04/os4_shuttleworth_ogg.ogg the ogg file  to
work and was distracted while playing
http://us.regmedia.co.uk/2007/10/04/open_season_four_shuttleworth.mp3 the
mp3 file  but, assuming he did say that, it's encouraging.