List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice users: help needed
From:       Alfredo Beaumont <alfredo.beaumont () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-18 16:30:20

Al, 2007eko Iraren 17a(e)an, David Faure(e)k idatzi zuen:
> On Sunday 16 September 2007, Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
> > Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > > #3 attached. I can't really get it closer to the pdf version. Dunno
> > > why, exactly. Margins, I guess, and such stuff. Hope this helps.
> >
> > Err... I have used the odf
> > validator(http://www.koffice.org/developer/fileformat/validate.php)
> > oasisfilecheck on this and had this result:
> >
> > ./oasisfilecheck  /tmp/KDE_3.odt
> > Checking content.xml...
> > /tmp/oasistmp/content.xml:149:6: fatal: The entity "sum" was referenced,
> > but not declared.
> >
> > With the other #3 submitted to the list I have this:
> > ./oasisfilecheck  /tmp/odf-camp-sample3.odt
> > Checking content.xml...
> > /tmp/oasistmp/content.xml:238:27: fatal: Element or attribute do not
> > match QName production: QName::=(NCName':')?NCName.
> >

> > This is not sounding very good, definitely. Moreover OOo can't open them
> > at all.
>
> Yep.
> This looks like a bug in the KFormula ODT saving in 1.6... Alfredo? ;)

It's not a bug. The problem is that oasisfilecheck uses ODF spec, and ODF spec
doesn't include mathematical formulae, it just says a properly namespaced
MathML should be used. sum entity is a valid MathML entity. The error says
that the entity is referenced but undeclared, so I guess there's some kind of
way you can declare new entities in ODF and then use them. As I understand it
this doesn't apply to my valid MathML entities such as sum, but I don't know
what the ODF spec says about this.

I don't understand the second error, so I cannot comment about it. Anyway,
errors detected by oasisfilecheck about ODFormula should be ignored.

About OOo being unable to open the file, I think we should file a bug report
to them ;-). MathML specification in Section 3.2.5.3 "Examples with ordinary
operators" provides an example of the use of the sum entity, the same way it
appears in the ODF document tested.

> David, from Barcelona.

Have fun in Barcelona!
--