List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice users: help needed
From:       Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-14 18:44:02

http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2007/programme/odf_camp_instructions.html
>> for details: there are reference documents provided (as PDF), it's about
>> typing the text into kword and setting up the appropriate formatting.
>> This will be used at a meeting in Barcelona next week to test
>> interoperability between OpenDocument implementations.
>>
> I will do #2 if noone has already taken it. I'm on debian unstable so I'm
> on the latest stable koffice version (1.5.3).
>
> Is there a deadline?
I've known that it's 19 Sept, but I think having a review some days before
would be convient.

> Maybe I could try to do another additional document, maybe #4 but I prefer
> doing it if there's no other voluntary.

I'm attaching #2 with this comments:

  a)I've implemented author's section as frames since kword can't handle
sections with different number of columns. This means I've been unable to
use columns inside this frame son I had to manage using tabs which is a
little tricky. There's still a problem with the phone number line. This also
applies to last statement about columns on last page.

  b)There's no support for table or image titling, these have been included
manually: defining a Caption style and then placing the text and reference
manually.

  c)Section 5 explains white space before section, subsection or
subsubsection and previous text. This should be 6pt, I set it to 4,6mm which
after measuring the result in kpdf, but it turns out that 4,5pt is
equivalent to 12,76pt.

  d)Even I've used true helvetica, 9pt for body text, I have been unable to
have same text size for odt doc and pdf. For example, on the 1st line of
the ABSTRACT section I have "In this paper, we describe the formatting
guidelines for" in the odt instead of "In this paper, we describe the
formatting guidelines for ACM SIG" in the pdf.

  e)Previous section has major implications about overview appearance, like
section distribution into pages doesn't match between docs. Setting body
text to 8pt resembles a little more the pdf, but still not the same.
Moreover the pdf states that 9pt should be used.

  f)After measuring kpdf output and comparing to a real A4, I've found out
that I had to set kpdf to 115% on my screen to match the real size. Still
the size problem is present. Feedback is appreciated.

  Let me know if you see any problem with it.

  HTH,

  Regards,

--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----

["kde_2.odt" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)]