Thank you David! I'll try that.

Is there a place to request features.There is a really cool one from WordPerfect. Where you can see the "code" behind what you are doing. Think of it as using a wysiwyg html editor and then being able to see and edit the source code.

Wordperfect is the only word processing program I have ever seen that.

Also, one other question for you. I inadvertantly deleted some of the templeates that came with kWord. (I love this program!) Do you know where I can get the original set of templates. I searched and did not find anywhere they are available for download.

If you don't have the time to answer I understand. But I hope you do.

Sincerely,
Allen

On 6/26/07, David Faure < faure@kde.org> wrote:
On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Allen Weber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Kubuntu (the latest and greatest version). My Printer is a
> Brother HL-1440.
>
> It works using all other programs I have tried.
> Today using Kword I wrote a letter to a client. I was able to print the
> letter. Then I set up a #10 envelope.
> It did not print properly on the #10.
>
> So I created a new page from a blank page and adjusted the Page Layout to
> 9.5 X 4.13 inches.
> Landscape with 0.35 margins all around.
>
> Nothing printed on the envelope. So I opened Open Office (latest version)
> and created a #10 envelope with the same dimensions. It printed perfectly
> using Open Office and my Brother HL-1440. I then saved the envelope (using
> OPen Office). I opened it in KWord, saw the dimensions were the same. Closed
> Open Office, and tried to print the envelope in KWord. And it would not
> print correctly. Nothing printed on the envelope.

Yes, Qt has bad support for custom page sizes, which is always giving us trouble
with envelopes. (or even no support, in qt3)

Even in Qt4 it's not supported yet - at least not via public API (I recently found
ways to use custom page sizes by setting some cups-related properties in the
QPrintEngine though, then it works).

For your problem, I think you might have more chances by creating a normal
A4 or Letter document, and creating a text frame at the location where the
envelope would be if it was aligned with the top-left corner of the A4 or Letter
page.