List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread hangs on opening an openoffice spreadsheat
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-05-18 19:42:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 18 May 2007, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 04 May 2007, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > >
> > > That's just a harmless warning from QTime that we can't hide, it's
> > > unrelated to your problem. Tried waiting a -very- long time, just in
> > > case it's just slow at loading the file?
> >
> > Hmm, theoretically we could use a Qt message handler and have it output
> > through kdDebug, thus hiding the output when the respective debug area is
> > turned off, right?
>
> I suppose; but how to differ harmless warnings like the above from real
> warnings that create problems...

Hmm, well. Those who want the warnings, e.g. developers or people who are bug
hunting, could enable the KDE debug area the warnings are re-routed to.

Or, less efficient but more selective, have a hash of those warnings which are
harmless and filter those out which are in the hash.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring