List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: DCOP communication with kspread
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2007-03-18 18:54:10

Hi Hellmut :)

Hellmut Weber wrote:
> I would like to use some information of a kspread sheet in a bash script.
>
> How can I copy the contents of my koffie sheet to *.csv format using a
> bash command?
>
> How can I set the value of a specific field of my kspread sheet from the
> command line? (I have a field containing the string 'Rg-Nr' and would
> like to set the value of the next field to the right to a certain value.)
>
> I read and write (elementary) bash for quite a while and have begun to
> (again elementary) python.
> So help for these languages is most welcome ;-)

While I don't really know how that could be done with dcop, you may also like
to take a look at how it's done with Kross;

* Python invoice Example that reads a template file, fills it and saves it;
http://kross.dipe.org/old/KSpreadInvoiceExample.tar.gz

* Some more scripts;
http://www.kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=618

* API dox;
http://kross.dipe.org/old/kspreadscriptingbook/annotated.html and
http://kross.dipe.org/old/kspreadscriptingbook/KSpreadScriptingReferenceManual.pdf

* Next generation KSpread 2.0 Scripting (which also contains a csv sample
script); http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=KSpread/Scripting

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc