List:       koffice
Subject:    Adding Wish Not Possible
From:       "Keith Miller" <keithmillerbamsc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-13 20:19:44

Hi,
I am using your site for the first time.
For years I have refused to use KSpread for one very good reason, when
I enter data into cells and then press Enter I don't want the
selection to move to Bottom / Top / Left / Right - I just want it to
stay where it is so I can check I have entered the data correctly!
I don't want the Cell Selection to change from the cell where I have
entered the data.
Very simple user need but totally missed by the KOffice developers.
So I go to your website to try and add this usability wish to the
KSpread wishlist using
http://bugs.kde.org/wizard.cgi
but get told that because I am using SUSE 10.0 KDE 3.4.2 Level B I
can't add a wish despite the fact that this problem has been around
with KSpread for years.
Now I know why it is has never been fixed!
I don't want to join a mailing list I just want to submit a wish and I
don't see why I should have to lie about my version of KDE just to get
a long standing wish submitted.
So how do I go about adding a basic usability wish to KSpread that
Excel has always had, see for example
Tools>Options>Edit>Uncheck Move Selection After Enter
I understand why you ask for the version of KDE to avoid having wishes
/ bugs reported on old versions of KDE but it also discourages people
like me from submitting genuine wishes for KOffice that the developers
have totally missed.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Regards

Keith Miller

--
Atheists use science to treat illness.

Religious believers use prayer to treat illness.

Except when they are ill, then they become Atheists.