List:       koffice
Subject:    ODF TestSuite
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-30 18:18:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2492
  What KOffice has said in the past is that users should report any
problems in transferring documents so we can fix them. While this
sounds like a great way to find the problems the programmers missed,
its very time consuming since we first need to figure out if the file
was saved wrong, or if its opened incorrect. With some
misunderstandings over what the spec actually said thrown in every now
and then as well. Any typical document will usually use quite a lot of
features so it becomes even harder to figure out what is going wrong.

Bring in a testsuite. A long list of small documents each showing a
different feature in the spec so application developer can see which
feature they are not doing correctly and fix it in a next version.
http://testsuite.opendocumentfellowship.org/

--
Thomas Zander