List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Configure errors koffice-1.6.0
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-10-19 7:40:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 October 2006 08:53, Terry wrote:

> I have Mandriva 2006 with kde 3.4.2.

Is Mandriva that much behind the times? KDE is at 3.5.5 now, and the
difference is significant..

> I am after the scripting support for KSpread.  Perhaps I need to wait?

Or change distributions or check whether there's a new release of Mandriva or
pressure Mandriva to keep their distribution up to date... There's not much
we can do about it.

> Right.  Using the distros doesn't work for me.  It probably doesn't work
> that well for KOffice either.

Depends... SuSE, Debian and Kubuntu already have packages of 1.6.

These are just the parameters within which we must work. We cannot prevent
Mandriva from shipping old versions of KDE and we cannot beforehand know
whether a distribution installs or doesn't install the development packages
that are needed for compiling software. And we cannot package every
development package of every dependency with KOffice either.

KOffice depends on

zlib
libxml2
libxi
libxext
libtiff
libstdc++
libsm
libqt3
libpng
libopenexr
libmagick
liblcms
libjpeg
libjasper
libice
libglu
libgl1
libgcc
libfreetype
libexif
libc
libz2
libxinerame
libxft
libxrandr
libxrender
libxslt
python
libacl1
libart
libattr
libaudio
libfontconfig
libgamin
libidn
libruby
libx11
libxcursor

And I'm not sure this is complete: it's just what I plucked from the Kubuntu
dependencies. I'm sure installing zlib-dev is just the beginning of the
dependencies. Maybe you should try installing kdelibs-dev or something like
that and see what it pulls in. Trying to satisfy the build dependencies from
the ground up is going to be quite hard.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi