List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Configure errors koffice-1.6.0
From:       Terry <teaman () exemail ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-10-19 6:53:41

Thanks for the reply.  I've interposed comments below.

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Well, we cannot tell you exactly what happened since we don't know which Unix
> you are using, which versions of the various dependencies you have installed,
> whether you have the development packages installed (if you are using a
> version of Unix or Linux that makes that distinction).
>
> If an error like this flummoxes you, you should be using the binary packages
> your distribution provides for you. A configure error like this is not the
> usual case.

I have Mandriva 2006 with kde 3.4.2.

Is there an index somewhere of dependencies and development packages
required?  Other than http://www.koffice.org/download/source.php which
I'll have to re-read.  "extra" is mildly vague.

The latest version Mandriva provides for this OS is  1.4.2.

I am after the scripting support for KSpread.  Perhaps I need to wait?

> What kind of a system are you running?

Linux OS.

> Nobody tries popularizing software this way. We work together with linux
> distributions to provide binary versions of our software for distribution to
> users through their package management system. That's the way we want to
> popularize our software. Users don't run the configure script or compile
> source.
Right.  Using the distros doesn't work for me.  It probably doesn't work
that well for KOffice either.

Thanks again for your reply.  I will probably need to look elsewhere for
a spreadsheet.

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au