List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Re2: Installing KOffice on Mac OS X with X11
From:       Pierre Thibault <pthibault33 () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2006-06-12 20:14:09

Benjamin Reed a écrit :
> On 6/10/06, Pierre Thibault <pthibault33@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> > Checking system... powerpc-apple-darwin8.6.0
>> > Under Mac OS X 10.4.6, Fink must be bootstrapped or updated with gcc
>> > 4.0.0,
>> > however, you currently have gcc 4.0.1 selected. To correct
>> > this problem, run the command:
>> >
>> >     sudo gcc_select 4.0
>> >
>> > You may need to install a more recent version of the Developer Tools
>> > (Apple's XCode) to be able to do so.
>> > dpkg: error processing fink (--install):
>> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
>> > Errors were encountered while processing:
>> >  fink
>> > ### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
>> > Failed: can't install package fink-0.24.6-21
>>
>> What should I do?
>
> fink selfupdate-rsync
>
> You need a newer version of Fink, the one you have installed doesn't
> know about XCode 2.2 or 2.3.  This isn't really a KOffice issue,
> either, you might want to take it to the fink lists instead...  :)

OK,

I was able to install Koffice and it seems to work properly. :-)

So I made a copy the new files created by the installation to my
standard working partition. Now when I try to start Kword, I have this
error:

> kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from
> /private/var/tmp/kdecache-pierreth/ksycoca
> kdecore (KLibLoader): library=: No file named .la found in paths.
> koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: Library files for ".la" not found
> in paths.
What is the meaning of this error and how can I solve this problem? May
be, it is something that I forgot to copy.

--

A+

Pierre