List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Krita Questions
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-05-01 6:09:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 01 May 2006 02:46, Allen Winter wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have my wife trying out krita 1.5.
>
> She says it looks promising, but has the following questions/criticisms
> that maybe someone on this list knows how to handle.
>
> 1. she wants to be able to set the units of her drawing in inches or
> centimeters instead of pixels and can't find a way to configure that.  Is
> it possible?

Not yet -- I started coding support for that, but I never had the time to
finish it.

> 2. she says the "rulers are pretty lame".   And, of course the ruler will
> need to change with the units.

Krita 2.0 will use the standard koffice rulers -- and we already have an
improvement in what's going to be 1.5.1 where the units are displayed more
sensibly.

> 3. Oh, can she draw bezier curves?

Not in Krita itself, but it is possible (though fiddly) to embed a Karbon
document as a layer in krita and use that to draw curves. This is an area we
intend to improve 2.0 as well.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi