List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: koffice-1.5.0 build error
From:       Chris Clayton <chris_clayton () f1internet ! com>
Date:       2006-04-15 9:05:53

Sebastian,

On Thursday 13 April 2006 18:58, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> ups, I forgot to CC you both, sorry :)

> Subject: Re: koffice-1.5.0 build error
> Date: Thursday 13 April 2006 18:42
> From: Sebastian Sauer <mail@dipe.org>
> To: For discussion about KOffice <koffice@kde.org>
>
> On Thursday 13 April 2006 17:15, Andreas Haumer wrote:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/21_strings/howto.html#5
> > Looks like the problem I see, doesn't it?
>
> Yes. For now I would go with disabled support for unicode-objects. Attached
> is a patch that fixes at least compile.

Thanks. The build now completes. If and when you devise a permanent solution,
feel free to send the patch for testing.

> > Question is: am I the only one seeing this? And if so, why?
>
> Seems gcc3.3.x handles it in another way :-/
>
> On Thursday 13 April 2006 17:54, Chris Clayton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've previously reported this to the devel list (no response yet) but now
> > that I have seen the thread at
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice&m=114486415105726&w=2, I thought it might
> > be useful to report that I too am getting the build error reported
> > yesterday by Andreas Haumer. The error message I get is identical to that
> > reported by Andreas.
>
> A lot of thanks too for reporting the prob.
>
> > gcc-3.3.6
>
> Same gcc-version, hmmm....

Yes and in my Googling I came across this:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xerces-c-dev/200309.mbox/%3c00bc01c381de$87bae080$5cf39280@SAIDIN%3e
 which seems to be bad news :( (assuming it is accurate)

> > More than happy to try any patches.
>
> Attached :-)

Thanks again.

Chris