List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Hdr support for Krita
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-04-08 7:01:10

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Brad Hards wrote:

> On Saturday 08 April 2006 13:39 pm, Sara Vasquez wrote:
> > Does krita has support for .Hdr image formatt is it planned for the future?
> Krita does support EXR. If that isn't what you are looking for, can you
> explain which High Dynamic Range format you need? Or perhaps what you mean by
> ".Hdr"?

I think Sara means Photoshop's proprietary high dynamic range file format. Krita
will never support that file format because Adobe has chosen to exclude authors
of open source applications from their sdk. Which means that I cannot get information
about the file format without reverse engineering.

Fortunately, Krita supports openEXR which is just as capable and an open standard.
Which Krita is missing is the ability to combine images taken at different exposures
into one high dynamic range image.