List:       koffice
Subject:    1.4.90 won't ./configure on FC4: kdelibs/Qt Plugin
From:       Jesse Zbikowski <embeddedlinuxguy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-09 20:03:52

./configure complains I don't have kdelibs or I have the wrong version
of Qt.  However I do have the versions recommended on the
announcements page:

http://www.koffice.org/announcements/announce-1.5-beta1.php#source_code-library_requirements

[root@sente]~jesse# rpm -q qt qt-devel kdelibs
qt-3.3.4-100
qt-devel-3.3.4-100
kdelibs-3.5.1-0.1.fc4

Here's what I get from ./configure:

===

checking for Qt... libraries /usr/lib/qt-3.3.4/lib, headers
/usr/lib/qt-3.3.4/include using -mt
checking for moc... /usr/lib/qt-3.3.4/bin/moc
checking for uic... /usr/lib/qt-3.3.4/bin/uic
checking whether uic supports -L ... yes
checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes
checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
checking for rpath... yes
checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include/kde
checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
configure: error:
you need to install kdelibs first.

If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
_same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
configuration settings.

===

I don't have any idea what version of Qt was used to build kdelibs but
I usually rely on Yum to keep my libraries in sync (yum update did not
offer any new versions of these packages).    Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.