List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KSpread: new line character in cell
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael.langerhorst () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-02-09 10:04:44

Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2006 10:28 schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 06 February 2006 10:38, Inge Wallin wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > in KSpread, select a cell, go to Format -> cell format -> position and
> > > enable line wrap. Then edit the cell in place (double click it) and
> > > enter your text, wherever you want a manual line wrap press Shift+Enter
> > >
> > > You will get automatic line wraps at the end of the cell as well as the
> > > line wraps that you have entered yourself (with Shift+Enter).
> >
> > Perhaps we should use the same keystrokes as oocalc does?  I don't really
> > see a reason for being different.
>
> Doesn't Excel use Shift+Enter?

At least Shift+Enter is _the_ default. You won't even find any code in KSpread
that does the line break with Shift+Enter. The functionality is already
within the widget that is used for cell editing.

Btw., isn't Ctrl+Enter move cell cursor "up" instead of down (just Enter)?
[This is broken in 1.4.2, but functional in svn, so I am not 100% certain as
I currently have no working build of svn here]

Regards,
Raphael