List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5 or KDE 4.0? Or just Qt 4.0?
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-01-24 16:54:27

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 11:34, Colin wrote:
> Anne-Marie
>

> It may be "of course" for someone familiar with the vagaries of cross
> programme integration. However I have tried to uninstall QT 4 and re
> install QT 3, 3.3, 3.5 ( separately "of course" after uninstalling the
> previous version) and I get the same error messages telling me they could
> not find qt files even after I thought I had put them in the path.
Hi,

I thought you were a developer wanting to port KOffice to Qt4/KDE4.
As for your Qt problem, you don't tell enough for us to help you. How do you
install Qt (distro? self compilation of qt tarballs?) Do you set QTDIR? Do
you want then to compile KOffice sources?
If you want quick help thebest would be to pop up on IRC (freenode, channel
#koffice) and ask your questions here.

As Ariya said in his mail, you can have several Qt versions, we developers
have often at least 2. Setting the correct environment variables make the
system choose the Qt it points to.

Anne-Marie