List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Need help with scanned in documents
From:       Ralph De Witt <ralphdewitt () charter ! net>
Date:       2006-01-21 23:27:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 January 2006 21:29, Mike McBride wrote:
> You can prevent the text box from hiding the text below it by performing
> the following (some of which you have already figured out)
>
> 1) Set text run around to "Text will run through the frame".
> 2) Set frame background to "Transparent"
> 3) Make sure there is no frame.  (Note:  KWord shows light grey frames
> around any text boxes.  These will not show up on final printout
> 4) Make sure there is no special text background color.

Mike:
First of all thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but kword
still put a white background in the text box under any text that was typed
in. It let the background remain transparent where text was not added in the
box. This is not the action I was looking for. I was looking for the text in
the text box to be imprinted over the background with only the letters
blocking the background. I have opened a bug/wish list item on bugzilla
#120537 for this.

This is my first attempt to use kword in a long time. Despite this problem and
the fact that some times saving a file in .odt format does not get the file
to appear in OpenOffice just as it did in kword I am impressed with kword. I
expect the .odt file saving problems to disappere quickly. When the
transparency issue is resolved I can that shift almost all of my
wordprocessing from openoffice to koffice. Thanks for your help in this
matter.

--
	Yours,
	Ralph.