List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Slooow Loading Kword Document
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2006-01-22 0:55:57

On Saturday 21 January 2006 19:14, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > IHMO there are day in and day out way too many error/trace messages
> > generated by kde programs. And it's the same messages every day.
> > Makes me wonder why those errors weren't fixed before the code
> > was released.
>
> Debug and trace messages are an important help when trying to solve problems
> like yours. 99% of these infos are not errors but developer informations. If
> you dont like these, switch it off:
>
> kdebugdialog
>
> Bye
>
>   Thorsten

Actually I like getting the messages. I am one of those people who
likes to use the -Wall option with gcc and then get rid of all the warnings
as well as the errors. If I could get KDE to build for me on OpenBSD
(I have never gotten the whole thing to compile error free, even when
I try to build the OpenBSD-patched version of KDE), it would not be long
before those error/warning messages were history (on my computer,
at least). I figure I'll get it to build eventually, but maybe not before I
get a newer, faster (AMD64-based) computer.

Dave Feustel

Dave
--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"