List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Slooow Loading Kword Document
From:       "Alexey K. Goncharov" <porphirius () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-21 11:41:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Depends on what you consider slow. Can you tell us how large the document
> is (number of pages / characters, images?) and what type of hardware you
> have (laptop? CPU speed, RAM).

IMHO it also depends on the user's distro. Few weeks ago I compared speed of
kword in suse 10.0 (default installation) with kword in gentoo. Gentoo's
kword works *much* faster, especially with embedded frames (kformula, pics,
etc).

--
Jabber: porphirius@jabber.ru
GPG Fingerprint: 0059 5DC9 78BA 596E 0B4C  77E8 F43E 1763 F3E4 E83C