List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword tex files
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2006-01-18 21:00:45

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 15:55, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 20:05, Dave Feustel wrote:
>
> > I just got a bunch of Microsoft .doc files via email.
> > One .doc file consistently crashed kword when I tried to load it.
> > The rest of the .doc files loaded and displayed ok. I saved each
> > of them as a .tex file, but latex and pdflatex reported over
> > 100 errors for each file. What do I need to do to get latex to
> > work with the kword-generated .tex files?
>
> I'm just a Krita hacker, and I haven't got a clue here. Maybe Ariya, I seem to
> remember he wrote the latex filter. But I'm sure he's around at the moment.

Thanks for the response. It looks like the kword latex filter uses macros that
are not found by the latex or pdflatex program. If the macros were found,
then there might be no errors generated.
--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"