List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Saving in .odt in KWord and OpenOffice
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-13 19:22:47

On Friday 09 December 2005 12:26, Gordon Gilbert wrote:
> Notice in the one called KWordTestOO, the footnotes and footers are
> centred, and the italics on page two are formatted nicely.  Also, as I
> saved it in OO, there is a border with shading around each page.  (I'd
> suggest you open it in OO to see it undisturbed.  Because right after
> saving that in OO, I opened it in KW, and saw no border, and the footnotes
> and footer were nasty, and the italics on page two were disturbed -- as in
> the file KWordTestKW.  If you like, I can send PDFs of both files.  I did
> not do so this time for message size.

Shadow around page border: feature not implemented in KWord.
Wrong footnote/footer placement: temporary bug fixed in svn, not sure if you had that \
one. Missing centering in footers: WOW, good find. Core problem in the style loading \
mechanism,  I wrote to the OpenDocument technical committee now for clarification, \
I'll fix kword once they confirm. Missing italics: I don't see them, seems to work \
here.