List:       koffice
Subject:    ODT compatibility with OpenOffice
From:       Gordon Gilbert <gord () angel ! eicat ! ca>
Date:       2005-12-08 11:19:57

Hi!

I noticed in the posts today some difficulty with the saving format
between KWord and OO.  I also use both.  I have some docs I saved in OO
(as .odt) which contain a border around the text.  When I open in KWord,
no border is indicated.  Is KWord not capable of drawing a border around
text?  I had seen this with older versions of both apps but put it down to
the difference between .odt and .sxw -- but it seems to be present still
in the same format.  Also, opened a previously-saved OO doc in KWord, and
found my formatting *very* different.  And similar in the other direction.
What's with that?

Any ideas, guys?

Blessings,

Father Gordon Gilbert