List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: a few newbie questions
From:       Ananth A <writetoananth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-11 14:54:35

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply! however, i have a few more questions...

is it possible to avoid a kspread from closing (using v1.3.5 here) in
case i accidentally try to open a password-protected file ?? im trying
to compile 1.4.2, so perhaps it has been fixed in that version.

> Hmm, well, there are integrated functions (like SUM and so), and then
> there's DCOP interface, which could be used to accomplish many things,
> but I think it requires some programming knowledge. There are plans
> for some more straight-forward scripting, probably for 2.0.

thanks for the DCOP info. it looks very interesting to control all
dcop-aware applications but seems quite a magic involved to make it
run... :)

another question about dcop, how can i open a file through dcop ??? i got till
dcop `dcop kspread-2835 kspread-mainwindow#1 action file_open` activate

but i dont want the file open dialog box but for it to open the file.
Where i can pass the file name as a parameter? any hints ???

> There's the GETPIVOTTABLE function, in the Database functions. It's
> only partial, comparing to Excel, but maybe it'll be sufficient to
> what you want ?

this combined with dcop should do the trick, i think... thanks a lot :=))

Ananth