List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: The fame and the blame
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2005-11-05 22:22:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 05 November 2005 22:36 pm, Tymoteusz Majewski wrote:
> One thing is that I want to leave a mark in the code for the fame:) The
> more practical reason is that if something goes wrong how would anybody
> know who to ask to fix it?
When a change is committed on behalf of someone else, it is customary to put
something like "Patch by Tymoteusz Majewski <maju7@o2.pl>" in the commit
message (usually before, sometimes after the description of the change), for
these two reasons - we do want to recognise contributions, and we want to be
able to track down subtle issues later.

Brad