List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: FYI: Petition for Microsoft to support OpenDocument
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2005-11-03 11:13:30

El Lunes, 31 de Octubre de 2005 11:34, Jarosław Staniek escribió:> Hello KOffice \
users!>> * Microsoft has stated that they will support the OpenDocument format in MS> \
Office if there is customer demand:>> \
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20051016105739574>> The purpose of this \
petition is to quantify the customer demand for> OpenDocument support. Just an \
innocent question: Do you think it is really a good idea to have OpenDocument in MS \
Office? I'm thinking in the "embrace and extend" strategy. It will suck if they \
figure how to add "bugs" that make their files look different in different office \
suites. And I say "bugs", because many people think that the way box problem with the \
CSS rendering of IE, is intentional, to make web pages look different in one browser \
                or another.
-- Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: \
suy@bulmalug.net____________________________________koffice mailing \