List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: install -- and now another problem
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-03 8:25:43

On Sunday 02 October 2005 04:40, Gordon Gilbert wrote:
> Hi David!
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.  I've found out a number of things based on
> your reply:
>
> To start with, I have a huge upgrade going on right now, and can't reboot.
> My son the genius says I'd better not kill the upgrade, and it would be
> better to wait to reboot and restart CUPS -- I'll do that, and let you
> know about printing after that -- possibly tomorrow.

You can do "/etc/init.d/cups start" without rebooting.

> [1:14:314]gord@angel:~> file /u/gord/WoodsBest/EllisMaple.sxw
> /u/gord/WoodsBest/EllisMaple.sxw: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to
> extract

OK; the next step would have been "zip -l", but apparently I was right,
it was a kword native file, right?

> > -Do you get a backtrace in kword?
>
> Dunno how to do that -- all it did was crash the program each time I
> tried it.

Either you get a crash handler, which has a backtrace tab, or you get
a "core dump" (a file named core or core.12345), which you can use with
"gdb kword core.12345"
and "bt" at the prompt.