List:       koffice
Subject:    install -- and now another problem
From:       Gordon Gilbert <gord () angel ! eicat ! ca>
Date:       2005-10-01 10:51:57

Hi!

As promised, I can now report that KOffice is successfully installed, and
I have fired it up and used it a bit.

However, there are problems:

1.  I can't print.  I have CUPS installed, and the various Krusader
applications have used it.  But when KWord tries to print, I get the Print
dialog, followed by an error dialog with the following:

"An error occurred while retreiving the printer list:

Connection to CUPS server failed.  Check that the CUPS server is correctly
installed and running.  Error: connections refused."

And I don't know what to do in the Print dialog (or in CUPS) to fix the
situation.

2.  An OpenOffice document (.sxw) I opened and modified with KWord now
can't be opened either by KWord, or OpenOffice.  It still has the .sxw
suffix, but in KWord, it crashes the program, and in OpenOffice, it just
brings up the filter dialog -- doesn't know what to do with the format it
sees.

Any ideas to get me going here?

Thanks,

Blessings,