List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: install koffice
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-09-14 16:42:41

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Kartik Reddyreddy wrote:

> hi,
>
> could anyone please inform me about how to install koffice on suse 9.3 pro.
> i'm new to linux.

If you run yast (by defaILt there is an icon on your taskbar for yast), then
click on the first icon in the icon strip on the left, you will see a couple
of option icons: one of them you can use to install applications. Click that
one and use the search option to find KOffice: select it and install it. There
are probably several KOffice packages.

However, this way you won't have the latest version. For the latest version.
press alt-f2 and type: ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/koffice-1.4.1/SuSE/ix86/9.3.
Select the .rpm packages with your mouse and drag them to your desktop; now you
can install them by opening a terminal, becoming root (use su, type the root
password) and type:

cd Desktop
rpm --install --verbose *.rpm

This will give you the latest released version. (However, this version has
a nasty bug in Krita -- I'm working on a 1.4.2 release with fixed packages.)

Hope this helped, if not, feel free to mail me!

Boudewijn