List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice installation problem
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-25 12:06:19

On 7/25/05, Laurie Hartley <Laurie_Hartley@bigblue.net.au> wrote:
> I realised after I had used urpm that the package would probably
> be on the Mandrake CD's so I tried installing from them using the GUI. (the
> plot thickens).

Uninstall koffice, then install it again, from the original CDs, so
that you get the version matching with KDE version.

Alternately, you can download the source tarball and recompile
(requires quite a lot of devel stuff and libraries).

> If I upgrade the KDE to 3.3 or 3.4 (using urpm?) do I run the risk of breaking
> some of the other software?  I am just getting to the stage where this
> installation of Linux is doing the things I want it do.

KDE is quite a major component, so the risk of breaking something is
always there, yes.

/ Tomas